Silver Linings Neurodevelopment (SLN) is a clinic devoted to the evaluation and treatment of various behavioral, emotional, and neurodevelopmental differences among children and adults. We conduct comprehensive psychological evaluations and provide a variety of treatments, including speech therapy, occupational therapy, and generalized counseling for children, adults, and families. While Autism evaluations utilizing the ADOS-2 and ADI-R are a specialty service at SLN, we are also happy to provide evaluations for learning, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and mood. Social skills groups, parents training (e.g., Parent-Child Interaction Therapy [PCIT]), and individual therapy for adults and children are services offered at various intervals.
The team at SLN works with children and adults, placing extra emphasis on developmental and family perspectives. We are always working to expand our list of services, with below being a sample of some of the more common needs that we see each day. Stay tuned for expanded descriptions of each services!
Autism Spectrum Disorder [ASD]
Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
Sensory Processing Disorder
Owner, Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Speech Language Pathologist
What to Expect
If you are a new patient, please call our office at 256-489-1583 or feel free to contact us us through email. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about our services or clinicians.
For ongoing patients of Dr. Crisler, please contact us with any questions. All appointments originally scheduled at APSC are being honored at Silver Linings.
We happily accept many common insurance plans, with additional private pay options. Dr. Crisler is not a Medicaid provider. We will provide a full list in the coming weeks.
New Patient Intake Process
Once you book your appointment, you will receive the initial paperwork via email. If you do not find an appointment that fits your schedule or is soon enough, please feel free to call our office at 256-489-1583 and we can help you further.
This first appointment is intended to simply familiarize Dr. Crisler with your concerns and needs. If the appointment is for a child, please use your judgement as to whether or not to bring your child. In some cases, it is helpful for Dr. Crisler to meet the child during this initial appointment. In other cases, there are many severe issues and it would be inappropriate for a child to overhear such concerns. Please be aware that a no-show or late cancellation fee will apply within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment.New Patient Intake Process
- Alabama Disabilities Advocacy Program
- Alabama Medicaid Waiver - information for employment, self-care, housing, medical supplies, therapies and more (individuals/families ages 3 years and up)
- Autism Resources
- What is Autism? - check out the Video Glossary for comparison of treatment options
- Autism vs. Asperger's Syndrome/DSM-5 Discussions
- Alabama Regional Autism Network
- Autism ID Card
- Autism Society of Alabama
- ASD Resource Library at local public libraries
- Bully Prevention Programs
- CARE Binders - organizational tool for IEPs, medical information, therapies, etc.
- First Responder Trainings throughout Alabama
- Respite Program
- Safety Net Campaign - advocating Project Lifesaver for individuals prone to wandering
- Sibling Workshops
- Autism Speaks
- College Transition: University of Alabama UA-ACTS
- How is Autism Treated?
- Journey Academy - Vocational, Social, Adaptive skill development
- New ASD Diagnosis - First 100 Days Toolkit
- Parent-Focused Intervention - Hanen Programs
- Social Stories
- Confessions of a Former Bully - resource for school-aged children & parents
- Children's Rehabilitation Service - birth to 21 yo; medical, rehabilitative, coordination and educational support services for individuals and families; Transition services also available; 256-650-1701
- Encouraging Self-Advocacy - Resource for Parents; Fostering Self-Determination
- The UAH Rise Inclusion Classes - high quality learning, integrative therapies, up to 6 years, 6 months
- The Riley Center - multidisciplinary treatment/educational approach; ABA
- Greengate School - reading, writing, spelling differences
- Huntsville Achievement School - various learning differences
- Foster Academy - LRE option for high functioning students with ASD
- Lindamood-Bell - academic intervention program
- Orton-Gillingham - reading
- Understanding IEP, 504, & IDEA
- Madison City Schools - Monthly Parent Connection Meetings
- Merrimack Hall - visual and performing arts education, and cultural activities, to children and adults with special needs
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) - Support/Education Programs
- Dr. Gagan Dhaliwal 256-880-3500
- Dr. Aparna Vuppala 256-883-3231
- UCP of North Alabama - Early Intervention and Support Programs for Parents
- Vocational Rehabilitation Service - assisting adults with developmental differences, including employment and daily living supports; 256-650-1700
- Wellstone Behavioral Health - Affordable Mental Health Services
Silver Linings Neurodevelopment is currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Psychiatrist, with experience and interest in childhood and adult services, full or part time
- LPC/LCSW, with experience and interest in childhood and adult services, full or part time
For interest or questions regarding the above positions, please contact our office via email or phone (256-489-1583).
Please follow us on Facebook to get up-to-date news on our services and events.
If you contact us by email, please note: While we DO ensure that our handling of personal identifying information is handled safely and secured with the required encryption, we cannot guarantee the security measures of your email provider. When contacting Silver Linings Neurodevelopment (or any healthcare provider) by email, please do not include personal identifying information such as your birth date or personal medical information in any emails you send to us.
Please be aware that Silver Linings Neurodevelopment is neither an inpatient facility, nor are we open 24 hours. For after-hours emergencies, one of our clinicians is available 24/7 at 256-337-0760. Please be respectful of this number and only use it after normal business hours and for truly urgent needs; it is not an answering service. This number is not for ongoing counseling and, in the event of a non-emergency crisis, we will make every effort to schedule an emergency appointment on the next business day. Scheduling changes should be handled via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you are concerned about the safety of yourself or someone else, please call 911 or take the person to the emergency room. You may also contact Crisis Services of North Alabama (www.csna.org/256-716-1000) or the National Suicide Hotline (1-800-273-8255).
Huntsville, Alabama 35801
Monday through Friday: 9 am - 5 pm
Some appointments may be outside of these hours, but vary by clinician